NEW FORUM HERE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Quick Note Donate10HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inDonation Info

A Quick Note

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kyper

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Hey guys.
As most of you know, I'm Pr0v3n's girlfriend and I just wanted/needed to write a quick note on here for you all.

Pr0v3n currently can't get online and we don't know when he'll be online again.
For some reason his laptop won't boot up, and the screen is broken - he has been using our large tv as a screen - so he can't see what he's doing as the laptop needs to be completely booted up before the tv will register anything.

He's hoping to get onto his really old computer and use that until he can figure out a way to fix the laptop.
You may see him online every now and again as I will be letting him use my computer for things when I'm not using it.

Just thought I'd let you all know. Smile

- Kyper
Back to top Go down
ahbet

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:38 pm

hey kyper ypu remember me ahbet and alaya ? i play with you you see me hack in the game ?
Back to top Go down
Jonathan
Admin
Jonathan

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Good to know, thanks Kyper.
Back to top Go down
https://pastime.forumotion.com
ahbet

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 12:53 pm

jonathan you dont will be unbanned me ?
Back to top Go down
Kyper

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 12:42 am

It's all good. We figured that we should let you know incase you were wondering where he went. Razz

A bit of an update:
Pr0v3n tried to use his tower this morning and it doesn't work. Basically, it boots up for a few seconds then turns itself off again. He doesn't know what's going on with it, as he pulled it apart and the wires were all fine, everything looked fine.
So basically the only option he has now is to use my computer while I'm not using it/I'm at work.
I'll be out all day tomorrow, and I don't believe he is coming with me, so he should be online tomorrow. Smile

- Kyper
Back to top Go down
[C]R4Z[Y]

[C]R4Z[Y]

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:14 am

His computer has experienced interruption transactions in which important systems infected by viruses that cause your computer to experience problems such as unexpected shutdown or [Blue screen]. That is due to periodic interruption caused by the continuation of using the internet. No wonder it often happens to the game enthusiasts and web enthusiasts.

Note: My experienced.

Regard by [C]R4Z[Y]
Back to top Go down
http://www.soundcloud.com/acapfz [Acapfz]
Kyper

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:28 am

Hey Crazy.

I just showed that to Pr0v3n however he's said that that is not the case.

Basically what happened is that he ran a deep scan to get rid of any viruses and such and it was meant to run a deep de-fragment of his computer on the next boot-up. When he tried to boot it up the next day it didn't do the de-fragment and instead said that his operating system is corrupted thus he seems to think that the scan has deleted an important part of the operating system.

As I'm typing this, he's in our room trying to tamper with wires and such. I don't think he's having any luck, but I will keep you guys updated. Smile
Back to top Go down
[C]R4Z[Y]

[C]R4Z[Y]

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:45 am

Have you ever tried to Restore your system? Using System Restore. If not. the probability of this method. Maybe yes or maybe not. By the way. Good luck.

Note: For Pr0v3n. Do not be quick-tempered. Perhaps there is wisdom behind what had happened. By the way. Good luck brother Basketball

Regard by [C]R4Z[Y]
Back to top Go down
Jonathan
Admin
Jonathan

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 2:12 am

Computer tech support is actually my day job, and I'll give you my take on this, but I am use to having the computer right in front of me while troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem. From what I see it looks like a computer reformat and re installation of your OS would be the least complicated thing to fix this without bringing it to a professional. But, if the problem is not routed in the OS then I would guess there is a problem with your computers motherboard. Which would be very hard to fix without just buying a new one and installing it. Also note: @[C]R4Z[Y] If the was a problem with a missing or corrupted file in the OS, then I do not think a system restore would do anything. Because system backups only backup the programs you install, usually not your OS. Depending on what system you are using though.
Back to top Go down
[C]R4Z[Y]

[C]R4Z[Y]

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 2:21 am

Jon. Can I ask you a question? How with the BSOD? Can we fix it? Thank you.

Regard by [C]R4Z[Y]
Back to top Go down
Jonathan
Admin
Jonathan

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:04 am

It depends on what error codes and messages he is getting on the BSOD, if that indeed is what is happening.
Back to top Go down
Kyper

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:44 am

Hey again.

I just showed Pr0v3n this board and he was looking at your message Jon. He didn't say anything besides that he was able to get the mac side of the OS (he's using my mac book and has partitioned the hardrive to run windows as well) and so he will be on shortly to reply to this. :3
Back to top Go down
Pr0v3n

Pr0v3n

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 6:18 am

Hey guys;

Alright; I'll clear up all the speculation, and thanks for being so supportive.

I have partitioned Kyper's Macbook Pro to parallel run Windows 7 as a gaming OS. The Macbook's passive monitor (Screen) has been cracked; with the LC leaking past the backlight, as it does (rendering the screen useless) so I bought a Thunderbolt to VGA adapter so that I can use our 40-inch Plasma TV as a monitor, which is what I have been doing.

I recently ran a deep-scan from the program Advanced System Care Pro; which scheduled a scan and defragment on next boot. Because of how VGA cables work; the laptop does not output any video signals until an OS tells it to; thus, leaving the computer with only it's screen on bootup. I did not know why it was not booting to the OS when I tried to boot it; so I applied pressure with my hand on the passive monitor, forcing the LCs to disperse, causing a brief visual display; which in tern allowed me to determine the cause of not booting up.

The cause was the 'System Restoration' prompt; as the amount of HDD space I partitioned is very limited, I ran no backups of my OS; and as Jon said; it would have only backed up my programs, not anything integral. No idea why the PC suddenly wants to restore a non-existent backup; but the only thing I did on the PC the bootup before it, was run the scan. Assuming the scan deleted/corrupted anything integral in my System32; there was not much I could do about it.

On the next boot, I held ALT so that I may boo into the Mac partition; access the Bootcamp HDD and backup anything I wanted to keep, before I re-install the OS (My go-to response, because I'm lazy xD) the Mac was using the TV as an 'Extended Screen', not a mirrored screen' and I could not change the output settings on the extended screen alone. This was aggravating.

In my disdainful attitude, I writ off the Macbook as a PC until I could have the LCD replaced ($400) and decided to take my old Tower out of my desk (Old machine, 1.7Gz Piss-ass HDD, 3/4 of a gig of ram, 64 meg Nvidia Geforce 5200) that I used to use when I was younger. Filled with dust and being just old, it only booted for a fraction of a second before shutting down. Opened it up, and everything was fine (I assume the power supply has fried).

Thus, this has left me with no more PC options...(I have been grinding games on my 3DS whilst I was PC less, finished a game and a half in a day, the stuff I do without the net xD) Greatly disheartened, I took the Macbook one more time, booted the Mac partition, and unplugged the Lightning-VGA adapter; then re-plugged it. Damn thing adjusted it's settings to clone screens, rather than extend. So here I am Very Happy

Because of the nature of Bootcamp; I needed a Mac OS X disk that came with the Macbook (as it has the Windows drivers on it; and searching for them manually last time proved futile) and that disk has been missing for a long time. So I erased a CD-RW 700meg disk, and was searching for the files on the net. When I took my copy of Windows 7 Home edition box out of hiding, I found the disk in the damned box.

So as I type this, I am backing up all I can to an 8gig USB (My portable 1TB HDD is formatted as NTFS, not Fat32, thus not allowing me to write to it with the Mac partition) 5 of those 8 gigs are SAMP; so I don't have to re-download SAMP (and torrent San Andreas [yeah I know, bad me]); and can get to Moderating ASAP Very Happy

My newly partitioned Macbook Pro should be up and ready within 4 hours depending on how lazy I am. I will jump on as soon as I get the chance.

TL; DR: Pr0v3n's PC f*cked itself, and he's just got around to fixing it.

Thanks for the concern and diagnosis' guys, appreciate it. But all should be well now.
I fear for one problem, but hopefully it does not get the best of me (TV not displaying OS installation).

Anyways; have a good one guys!
Back to top Go down
Pr0v3n

Pr0v3n

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 am

Pr0v3n wrote:

I fear for one problem, but hopefully it does not get the best of me (TV not displaying OS installation).

Yeah...This has happened; looks like I had better settle in with the Mac for a while... I will try to get SAMP running through a virtual machine, at the expense of framerate :/
Back to top Go down
Jonathan
Admin
Jonathan

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 9:44 am

Well, I hope you get it sorted out. If there is anything else you think we could help with, explain the problem out and I will take a look.
Back to top Go down
Pr0v3n

Pr0v3n

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 10:01 am

Well it's come down to emulating Windows through either Wine or Virtual PC; until I can afford the $400 to replace the LCD on the Mac. Not really much more I can do; nor anyone. But thanks anyway Jon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Quick Note Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Quick Note   A Quick Note I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Quick Note
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NEW FORUM HERE :: Pastime - General :: Discussion-
Jump to: